Tuesday 24 March 2015

Community Service - Wicklow SPCA

During the week of the 8th of December I completed a weeks community service in the Wicklow SPCA in Sharpshill Genealey.
I enjoyed my time at the shelter. In the morning the majority of the work was carried out. On two of the days I began my morning cleaning out the cats pens and the other morning i cleaned out the dogs pens that were in quarantine. In the afternoons I walked the dogs individually, going for around 7 - 10 3km walks with a variety of the dogs at the shelter. In the evening we had to check over all the animals to make sure that they have everything which they needed for the night and then at 4 o'clock I went home. I enjoyed the week however it was very sad seeing all the animals with no home to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment