Monday 4 May 2015

Work Experience - St. Vincent's Private Hospital

From Monday the 27th of April until Friday the 1st of May I completed a weeks work experience at St. Vincent's Private Hospital. During my week at the hospital I was given the opportunity to visit a variety of different departments in the hospital. I went to each department for around 2-3 hours before I moved on to the next. The physiotherapy, cardiology, pharmacy, PFT and  sleep lab were just some of the departments that I was able to visit. During my week while I was with the departments they showed me all their equipment for the various tests and exercises, they explained what they do and how they use the equipment and they then let me observe appointments with patients so that I could get a real sense of what their job is. The week I spent there was one of the best things that I have done all year. I found the week really interesting and am I so grateful that they took me on for the week.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment